Baccarat is a popular card game that is played in casinos all over the world. It is a simple game that is easy to learn, and it offers players the chance to win big. In this blog post, we will go over the basic rules of baccarat and how to play the game. After you finish reading head to Spreads.ca and practice playing.
Step 1: Learn the basic rules of the game.
In baccarat, two hands are dealt: the player hand and the banker hand. The goal of the game is to bet on which hand you think will have a value closest to 9. The value of the cards is as follows:
- Face cards (Jack, Queen, King) and 10s are worth 0 points.
- Aces are worth 1 point.
- All other cards are worth their face value (e.g. a 7 of hearts is worth 7 points).
To determine the value of a hand, the cards are added together and the tens digit is dropped. For example, if the player hand is a 7 and a 6, the value of the hand would be 3 (7 + 6 = 13, and the tens digit is dropped, so the hand is worth 3).
Step 2: Place your bets.
In baccarat, there are three possible bets that can be placed:
- Player: This bet is placed on the player hand winning.
- Banker: This bet is placed on the banker hand winning.
- Tie: This bet is placed on the player hand and the banker hand having the same value.
Step 3: The hands are dealt.
Once bets have been placed, the dealer will deal two cards to the player hand and two cards to the banker hand. If either hand has a value of 8 or 9 (this is called a "natural"), the game is over and the hand with the higher value wins. If neither hand has a natural, the rules for drawing a third card are followed (these will be explained in the next step).
Step 4: Drawing a third card (if necessary).
If neither hand has a natural, a third card may be drawn according to the following rules:
- If the player hand has a value of 0 to 5, the player hand will draw a third card.
- If the player hand has a value of 6 or 7, the player hand will stand.
- If the player hand has drawn a third card, the banker hand will follow a set of rules to determine whether it should also draw a third card.
Step 5: Payouts and collect your winnings.
If you have placed a bet on the hand that wins, you will be paid out according to the odds of that bet. If your bet loses, you will lose your wager. The game will then start over with a new come out roll.
Baccarat is a simple yet exciting game that offers players the chance to win big. With a little bit of practice, you will be able to place your bets with confidence and enjoy the thrill of the game. Spreads.ca offers several baccarat games including the new live dealer games. Just remember to always gamble responsibly and have fun!