The LA Rams' demolition of the team with the NFL's best record on Monday Night Football Shifts the Entire Playoff Picture. Get Ready for a Wacky Regular Season Finish.
From CBS Sports:
Entering Monday night, Matthew Stafford had never beaten a team five games over .500 in his career -- an incredible 0-17 record.
But who needs history?
The veteran gunslinger put together his finest game in a Rams uniform as Los Angeles picked up its best win of the season, defeating the Cardinals 30-23 in a game in which their stars simply played better than Arizona's.
- Stafford tossed three touchdowns and no interceptions. The Rams improved to 6-0 when he does not throw a pick.
- Cooper Kupp continued his unbelievable season with 13 catches for 123 yards and a score and Odell Beckham Jr. caught a touchdown for the third straight game -- his longest streak since 2015.
- Aaron Donald had three sacks, including one with no time remaining to clinch the win.
- Los Angeles picked off Kyler Murray twice and held DeAndre Hopkins to just 54 receiving yards.
- The Rams did this all without Jalen Ramsey and several other key players who were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.The win also prevented Arizona from clinching a playoff spot and tightened up the top of the NFC playoff race. Per NFL Research, this is only the third time no team has clinched a playoff berth through Week 14 since the league moved to a 16-game season in 1978.
Conclusion: It's going to be a thrilling final month across the league.