Super Bowl Halftime Show Drives Old People Crazy
So, you thought the truckers thing is splitting the country apart and pissing off lots of people?
Well, that's nothing compared to the fallout from the Super Bowl LVI Halftime show.
First, here's a few highlights/lowlights from the show:
You knew the aftermath would be divisive.
In fact, the "Lock of the Year" was on betting OVER on the O/U number of old people who hated the Super Bowl halftime show and then had to run and share it on Facebook with their dozen friends who all posted the same comment.
Okay, here's my opinion(s)....
(1) The SB halftime show means nothing to me, no matter who plays it. I'm an NFL fan. I have zero interest in the hype or distractions. However, I understand why everyone makes a big deal out of it, especially non-fans.
(2) The show supposedly isn't targeted to my demographic. At least, that's what I've seen blasted all across social media. I kinda' resent that because talent, music, and performance should have no boundaries in terms of age or race
(3) Did I enjoy the show? No. But if one of my favorite artists performed, then I'd probably be critical of that, too. No one ever does a "great halftime show." That's impossible under the rushed format, time constraints, and bad acoustics. Most are pretty bad, no matter who performs.
(4) I'm cutting the rap-hip hop crowd lots of slack here. After all, this genre has been ignored for a long time when it comes to picking a performer. So, give RAP and HIP HOP a chance to shine. We got our chances. We had the Rolling Stones, U2, McCartney, Springsteen, for years. The show isn't the domain of any genre of music.
(5) That said, the NFL does need to diversify the entertainment. I do really wish the NFL would either do an international music fest (something that shows the Super Bowl has gone global), or the year it comes to Las Vegas, do the American standards (a tribute to all the former and present Las Vegas greats done by modern stars). The Super Bowl show should be not a young person's exclusive, either. So, mix it up!